Monday, May 12, 2014

Are You Willing to Go the Distance?

I recently finished the Country Music Marathon in Nashville Tennessee.  I've learned that running that far is really a battle of will more than a battle of physical endurance.  Repeatedly motivating yourself is what keeps you going.  If you decide to stop running, starting again can feel almost impossible. 

I bring this up, because I'm also learning that life feels like a marathon.  In life, if you keep moving forward, and hopefully in a positive direction, you find yourself achieving your goals and feeling happy.  Like the aid stations in a marathon, classes, seminars, nutritional supplements, books, and coaching can help you on life's journey.  But the biggest factor, I've realized, is simply to keep moving, to keep moving forward.  A wise, older member of my family likes to say, "Do something, anything, even if it's wrong."  Of course we don't want to do something wrong, but I think the lesson is that the chance of doing something wrong is so much less than the harm that's done by doing nothing at all.  What's important is to do something, to create energy, to keep moving toward that goal. 

I recently met with several members of Morter Health Systems at an Elite Mastery Seminar.  I heard a common phase during the three days we met together, "I'm planning on...." It struck me that we all spend a lot of time "planning."  If we have the plan, shouldn't we spend less time revising, talking or mulling it over and more time doing?  Just as planning and training are important to a marathon, sooner or later it's time to line up and run!

I encourage you to wrap up your plan on your next goal and take some action steps.  If your goal is to feel more energy, spend more time on yourself, walk a 5K, better manage your money, feel closer to a family member or sleep better, you can quickly devise a plan and then take one or two action steps.  "Log some miles" as runners say. 

Ask yourself, "What can I do right now to move myself closer to my chief aim?" Take an action step today.  Get moving on your path to be a better you, a person of action.  I would love to support you in your actions, so please email me today at jenningschiropractic@yahoo.com and share your progress or ask questions.  Progress is what it's all about.  It's not a race, it's a run, and we're in it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment